You must be logged into an account to view the generated documentation for each endpoint.
Publons is speeding up science by providing tools and services to improve the transparency, integrity, quality, and timeliness of peer review and (by extension) academic publishing. The Publons API is provided to forward those goals.
The API is used to manage review information. You can use our APIs to GET or POST information about articles, reviews, and academics. Our APIs are intended to be RESTful and self documenting. The current API version is v2. Responses are delivered as JSON or via this web interface.
This API is developed with YAGNI (You Aren't Going to Need It) in mind and supports the bare minimum needed by its current users. We are happy to add fields, filters and endpoints to support new users and integrators, please contact email@example.com.
EndpointsBase url: /api/v2/.
- (GET) academic/ - List of (filterable) academics.
- (GET) academic/[ID|ORCID]/ - Details of an academic.
- (GET) academic/review/ - List of (filterable) reviews, configured for an academic.
- (GET) academic/review/[ID]/ - Details of a particular review, configured for an academic.
- (POST) review/ - Allows integrated partners to POST reviews.
- (GET) article/ - List of (filterable) articles.
- (GET) article/[ID|DOI]/ - Details of an article.
- (GET) article/[ID|DOI]/reviews/ - List of an article's reviews.
- (GET) article/review/ - List of (filterable) reviews configured for an article.
- (GET) article/review/[ID]/ - Details of a review configured for an article.
While browsing the API your Publons session will be used to automatically authenticate you.
Any other requests should include a token in the Authorization HTTP header and prefixed with "Token". A token can be obtained by POSTing your username and password to https://publons.com/api/v2/token/.
> curl -X POST https://publons.com/api/v2/token/ -d 'username=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD' > curl -X GET https://publons.com/api/v2/academic/ -H "Authorization: Token 0123456789abcdef" -H "Content-Type: application/json"
By default requests are throttled to 100 per day and show minimal details.
Privileged access is available on a case by case basis for partners, integrators or for educational or research use. Requests made using privileged access are throttled to 60 per minute and show full details. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request privileged access.
The API supports common query parameters, each endpoint may support additional parameters
- paginate_by - (Int - default: 10) Paginate list results.
- format - (json, api - default: json) Select the response type.
- 200 OK - Success.
- 201 Created - Success.
Successful requests will return response objects or, if multiple objects are found, paginated lists of objects.
- 400 Bad Request - You are doing something wrong.
- 403 Forbidden - You do not have permission to do this.
- 404 Not Found - Resource not found.
- 405 Method Not Allowed - You're probably trying to post to a resource that only supports GET.
Unsuccessful requests will return a dictionary of errors.
- 500 Internal Server Error - Please contact email@example.com.