Malawi Medical Journal
Driven and guided by the priorities articulated in the Malawi National Health Research Agenda, the Malawi Medical Journal publishes original research, short reports, case reports, viewpoints, insightful editorials and commentaries that are of high quality, informative and applicable to the Malawian and sub-Saharan Africa regions. Our particular interest is to publish evidence-based research that impacts and informs national health policies and medical practice in Malawi and the broader region.
Topics covered in the journal include, but are not limited to:
- Communicable diseases (HIV and AIDS, Malaria, TB, etc.)
- Non-communicable diseases (Cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes, etc.)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (Adolescent health, education, pregnancy and abortion, STDs and HIV and AIDS, etc.)
- Mental health
- Environmental health
- Health systems and health policy (Leadership, ethics, and governance)
- Community systems strengthening research
- Injury, trauma, and surgical disorders
- Does not allow reviews to be publicly displayed
- Only allows reviewers to display the journal they reviewed for
- Does not allow reviewers to sign or publicly display reviews of rejected publications subsequently published in another journal
Interested in reviewing for this journal?
Your interest in reviewing is shared with journals or conferences when they are partnered with us. Learn more.
Top handling editors on Publons (Manuscripts handled)
Editorial board members on Publons
Publons users have indicated that they sit on Malawi Medical Journal's editorial board but we are unable to verify these claims.
Top reviewers on Publons (Manuscripts reviewed in last 12 months)
Review contents for Malawi Medical Journal are not publicly displayed on Publons, in accordance with their editorial policy.