Molecular Ecology publishes papers that utilize molecular genetic techniques to address consequential questions in ecology, evolution, behaviour and conservation. Studies may employ neutral markers for inference about ecological and evolutionary processes or examine ecologically important genes and their products directly. We discourage papers that are primarily descriptive and are relevant only to the taxon being studied. Papers reporting on molecular marker development, molecular diagnostics, barcoding, or DNA taxonomy, or technical methods should be re-directed to our sister journal, Molecular Ecology Resources. Likewise, papers with a strongly applied focus should be submitted to Evolutionary Applications. Research areas of interest to Molecular Ecology include:
- population structure and phylogeography
- reproductive strategies
- relatedness and kin selection
- sex allocation
- population genetic theory
- analytical methods development
- conservation genetics
- speciation genetics
- microbial biodiversity
- evolutionary dynamics of QTLs
- ecological interactions
- molecular adaptation and environmental genomics
- impact of genetically modified organisms
- Does not allow reviews to be publicly displayed
- Only allows reviewers to display the journal they reviewed for
Interested in reviewing for this journal?
Top handling editors on Publons (Manuscripts handled)
Editors on Publons
Publons users have indicated that they are editors for Molecular Ecology but we are unable to verify their claims.
Top reviewers on Publons (Manuscripts reviewed in last 12 months)
Review contents for Molecular Ecology are not publicly displayed on Publons, in accordance with their editorial policy.