New Phytologist offers rapid publication of high quality, original research in plant science. Falling within four sections - Physiology & Development, Environment, Interaction and Evolution - articles cover topics that range from intracellular processes through to global environmental change. Cross-disciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged but for guidance the journal is organized as follows and recognizes that techniques from molecular and cell biology, and functional genomics through to modelling and system-based approaches will be applied across the whole spectrum of plant science:
- Physiology & Development: intra/inter-cellular signalling, long-distance signalling, physiology, development, eco-devo - phenotypic plasticity, transport, biochemistry.
- Environment: global change and Earth system functioning, environmental stress, ecophysiology, plant–soil interactions, heavy metals.
- Interaction: multitrophic systems, mycorrhizas and pathogens, fungal genomics, nitrogen-fixing symbioses.
- Evolution: molecular evolution, population genetics, mating systems, phylogenetics, speciation, plant-enemy coevolution.
- Does not allow reviews to be publicly displayed
- Only allows reviewers to display the journal they reviewed for
Interested in reviewing for this journal?
Editors on Publons
Publons users have indicated that they are editors for New Phytologist but we are unable to verify their claims. If you are an administrator for New Phytologist, please get in touch to find out how you can verify the valuable work of your editorial staff and more.
Top reviewers on Publons (Manuscripts reviewed in last 12 months)
Review contents for New Phytologist are not publicly displayed on Publons, in accordance with their editorial policy.