New Phytologist publishes excellent, novel, rigorous and timely research and scholarship in plant science and its applications. Falling within four sections – Physiology & Development, Environment, Interaction and Evolution – articles cover topics that range from intracellular processes through to global environmental change. Cross-disciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged but for guidance the journal is organized as below. We recognize that techniques from molecular and cell biology, and functional genomics through to modelling and system-based approaches will be applied across the whole spectrum of plant science:
• Physiology & Development: intra/inter-cellular signalling, long-distance signalling, physiology, development, eco-devo – phenotypic plasticity, transport, biochemistry.
• Environment: global change and Earth system functioning, environmental stress, ecophysiology, plant–soil interactions, heavy metals.
• Interaction: plant–biotic interactions (including viruses, prokaryotes, oomycetes, fungi/mycorrhizas, viruses, nematodes and insects), symbionts, endophytes, pathogens, plant microbiome, fungal genomics, multitrophic systems, plant–microbe–soil interactions.
• Evolution: molecular evolution, population or quantitative genetics, mating systems, phylogenetics, speciation, plant–enemy coevolution, evo–devo.
- Does not allow reviews to be publicly displayed
- Only allows reviewers to display the journal they reviewed for
Interested in reviewing for this journal?
Your interest in reviewing is shared with journals or conferences when they are partnered with us. Learn more.
Editorial board members on Publons
Publons users have indicated that they sit on New Phytologist's editorial board but we are unable to verify these claims. If you are an administrator for New Phytologist, please get in touch to find out how you can verify the contributions of your editorial board members and more.
Top reviewers on Publons (Manuscripts reviewed in last 12 months)
Review contents for New Phytologist are not publicly displayed on Publons, in accordance with their editorial policy.