New Phytologist offers rapid publication of high quality, original research in plant science. Falling within four sections - Physiology & Development, Environment, Interaction and Evolution - articles cover topics that range from intracellular processes through to global environmental change. Cross-disciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged but for guidance the journal is organized as follows and recognizes that techniques from molecular and cell biology, and functional genomics through to modelling and system-based approaches will be applied across the whole spectrum of plant science:
- Physiology & Development: intra/inter-cellular signalling, long-distance signalling, physiology, development, eco-devo - phenotypic plasticity, transport, biochemistry.
- Environment: global change and Earth system functioning, environmental stress, ecophysiology, plant–soil interactions, heavy metals.
- Interaction: multitrophic systems, mycorrhizas and pathogens, fungal genomics, nitrogen-fixing symbioses.
- Evolution: molecular evolution, population genetics, mating systems, phylogenetics, speciation, plant-enemy coevolution.
- Does not allow reviews to be published
- Only allows reviewers to display the journal they reviewed for