Check List: the journal of biodiversity data is a peer-reviewed online journal, devoted to publishing biodiversity data related to species' geographic distribution. Thus, our primary mission is to fill the so-called Wallacean shortfall (Lomolino 2004) and to improve our knowledge of how life is distributed on the planet in order to better preserve it. The journal was created from the need to publish basic data on species distribution of any taxon in a timely and open manner, which are often neglected by traditional journals.
- Open access
- International editorial board
- Fast publication times
- Indexed by DOAJ, Scopus, Zoological Abstracts, EBSCO Host, and Index Copernicus. Also a member of the Brazilian Association of Science Editors (ABEC) and of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
- Allows reviews to be publicly displayed
- Only allows reviewers to display the journal they reviewed for
- Does not allow reviewers to sign or publicly display reviews of rejected publications subsequently published in another journal
Interested in reviewing for this journal?
Your interest in reviewing is shared with journals or conferences when they are partnered with us. Learn more.