King Abdul Aziz University
2nd in Saudi Arabia
1st in Saudi Arabia
1st in Saudi Arabia
5th in Saudi Arabia
Journal Editors at King Abdul Aziz University
Reviewers from King Abdul Aziz University
Dr. Hesham N. Mustafa has received his MD in Basic Medical Sciences (Anatomy) from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt during the period of 2005-2009. Currently, he is working as Associate Professor in Basic Medical Sciences (Anatomy) department, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He has successfully completed his Administrative responsibilities as Coordinator of the Nutrition and Metabolism Module & Coordinator of the E-Library Services in the Health colleges Library & Coordinator of the Academic Advising Unit, Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He is serving as an editorial member of several reputed journals like International Journal of Animal Biology (IJAB) & Journal of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering & Biological and Chemical Research Journal & Clinical Medicine Journal & Peertechz Journal of Cytology and Pathology & Journal of Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Syndrome (JDMMS). He has authored 11 research articles in ISI Journals. He is a member of European Society for the Study of Peripheral Nerve Repair and Regeneration (ESPNR) & the Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors (IRED) & Egyptian Society of Basic Medical Sciences & Arab Society for Medical Research & Egyptian Anatomical Society & Student Support Unit at the Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University & Curriculum Development Committee of First phase for the academic years in the Faculty of Medicine, King Abdulaziz University. He has honoured the Award of Excellence of Scientific Publication for the staff members 2012, from Deanship of Scientific Research, King Abdulaziz University.
Dr. Abdul-Sattar Nizami has MScEng in Environmental Engineering from the Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden. He has a PhD in Sustainable Gaseous Biofuel from the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University College Cork, Ireland. Later, he worked at the University of Toronto, Canada as a Postdoctoral Fellow. He is currently working as an Assistant Professor and Head of Solid Waste Management Unit at the Center of Excellence in Environmental Studies (CEES) of King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He has published more than 100 papers on the topics of waste to energy, biofuels, waste-based biorefineries, catalytic pyrolysis, anaerobic digestion and resource recovery. He has delivered more than 19 invited talks to various national and international forums. His work has been cited more than 2600 times in the peer review press with a total impact factor of 236 and H-index of 30. He is an Associate Editor in Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews (Elsevier), Energy & Environment (Sage), and Frontiers in Energy Research. He is serving as an Editorial Board Member in Bioresource Technology Reports (Elsevier), and Energy Sources Part B (Taylor & Francis). He is also guest editor in several special issues and reviewer for many high-impact Journals of Elsevier, ACS, Springer, Wiley, and Taylor and Francis. He has completed many national and international funded research projects. He has played the leading role in establishing the Energy and Solid Waste laboratories at CEES. He has been actively involved in community services and consultation to awareness and provides sustainable solutions for waste-related environmental issues.
Dr. Mohammad Oves is an Assistant Professor at Center of Excellence in Environmental Studies, KAU, Jeddah, KSA. His BS in Chemistry, MS and PHD (Microbiology) from AMU Aligarh, India. He has > 5 years research experience. He was the RA of project SWINGS Int. FP-7 funded project and SRF of CSIR project. He has published >75 scientific papers, including book chapters. He has also gained >2000 citations on Google scholar. He is actively involved as reviewer for 22 international journals.
Dr Mohammad Rehan graduated with BEng (Hons) in Chemical Engineering from the University of Bradford, UK in 2003. He then worked for one year at UK Environment Agency. He completed his PhD in Chemical Engineering - Nanotechnology, sponsored by EPSRC, University of Leeds, UK in 2012. Dr Rehan then worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate for 2 years on several projects at University of Leeds, UK in collaboration with multinational industry including Procter & Gamble. He has extensive research and project management experience of more than 10 years. He has co-supervised many PhD and MSc students at Leeds University and currently supervising an MSc and two PhD students.
Dr Rehan is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the Center of Excellence in Environmental Studies (CEES), King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He has played a leading role in establishing Solid Waste Laboratory at CEES. He has published more than 80 papers, total impact factor of > 165 and H-Index of 18, including 5 book chapters on the topics of energy and fuels, biofuels, nanomaterials, catalysts, environmental pollution, waste to energy technologies and waste biorefineries. He has given several oral presentations in international conferences and workshops including many as invited/keynote speaker. He is currently involved in several funded projects as PI/ Co-PI, focusing on energy and fuels, environmental research, and advanced materials including nano-catalysts. He is serving as an Editor for International Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Research and as Reviewer for many high impact Journals of Elsevier, ACS and RSC.
Educational Details University Branch Degree and Year Aligarh Muslim University, India Applied Chemistry Ph.D., 2011 Aligarh Muslim University, India Applied Chemistry M.Phill., 2008 Aligarh Muslim University, India Analytical Chemistry M.Sc., 2006 M.J.P. Rohailkhand University, India Chemistry B.Sc. 2004
JOb Research Assistant Professor at Department of Environmental Sciences, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia, since 1 September 2012 to present
Nanoparticles. Springer. (In preparation)
- Development and characterization of molecular imprinted Fe3O4@ SiO2 nanocomposite for the separation and separation and purification of synthetic wastewater containing heavy metals. Project NO. 155-010-D1434, Funded by Deanship of Scientific Research, King Abdilaziz University, Jeddah. (completed)
- Preparation and characterization of sodiumdodecile-benzenesulfonic acid doped polyaniline/multiwalled carbon nanotube composite for the adsorption of brilliant green. Project NO. 155-011-D1434, Funded by Deanship of Scientific Research, King Abdilaziz University, Jeddah. (completed)
- Enhancement of photocatalytic activity of rutile TiO2 by Ag/polypyrrole for methylene blue degradation in aquatic environment. Project NO. 155-711-D1435, Funded by Deanship of Scientific Research, King Abdilaziz University, Jeddah
- Rajeev Kumar, Mohd Omaish Ansari, Nazish Parveen, Mohamed A. Barakat, Moo Hwan Cho. Simple route for the generation of differently functionalized PVC@graphene–polyaniline fiber bundles for the removal of Congo red from wastewater. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 61486-61494.
- Mohd Omaish Ansari, Rajeev Kumar, Nazish Parveen, Mohamed A. Barakat, Moo Hwan Cho. Facile strategy for the synthesis of non-covalently bonded and para-toluene sulfonic acid-functionalized fibrous polyaniline@graphene–PVC nanocomposite for the removal of Congo red. New J. Chem., 2015,39, 7004-7011.
- Rajeev Kumar. Jamshaid Rashid, M.A. Barakat. Zero valent Ag deposited TiO2 for the efficient photocatalysis of methylene blue under UV-C light irradiation. Colloids and Interface Science Communications 5 (2015) 1–4.
- A. Ahmad, S. H. M. Setapar, C.S. Chuong, A. Khatoon, W. A. Wani, Rajeev Kumar, M. Rafatullah. Recent advances in new generation dye removal technologies: novel search for approaches to reprocess wastewater. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 30801–30818
- M. Hasan, R. Kumar, M. A. Barakat, M. Lee, Synthesis of PVC/CNT nanocomposite Fibers using simple deposition technique for the application of Alizarin Red S (ARS) removal. RSC Advances, 2015,5, 14393-14399
- Akil Ahmad, Asma Khatoon, Siti Hamidah Mohd-Setapar, Rajeev Kumar, Mohd. Rafatullah. Chemically oxidized pineapple fruit peel for the biosorption of heavy metals from aqueous solution. Desalination and Water Treatment, (2015), doi: 10.1080/19443994.2015.1005150
- A. Ahmad, J. A. Siddique, M. A, Laskar, Rajeev Kumar, A. Khatoon, S. H. M. Setapar. New generation amberlite XAD resin for the removal of metal ions: A Review. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2015, 31,104-123.
- M.A. Barakat, Rajeev Kumar. Synthesis and characterization of porous magnetic silica composite for the removal of heavy metals from aqueous solution. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 2015, 23, 93-99.
- Rajeev Kumar, Jamshaid Rashid and M. A. Barakat. Synthesis and characterization of a starch–AlOOH–FeS2 nanocomposite for the adsorption of congo red dye from aqueous solution. RSC Advances 2014, 4, 38334–38340.
- Rajeev Kumar, Muhammad Ehsan, M.A. Barakat. Synthesis and characterization of carbon/AlOOH composite for adsorption of chromium (VI) from synthetic wastewater. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 2014, 20, 4202–4206.
- Rajeev Kumar, Mohd Omaish Ansari, M.A. Barakat. Adsorption of brilliant green by surfactant doped polyaniline/MWCNTs composite: Evaluation of the kinetic, thermodynamic and isotherm. Industrial Engineering & Chemistry Research. 2014, 53, 7167−7175
- Rajeev Kumar, M.A. Barakat, Ezzat M. Soliman. Removal of tannic acid from aqueous solution by magnetic carbohydrate natural polymer. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. 2014, 20, 2992–2997.
- Rajeev Kumar, Moonis Ali Khan, Nazrul Haq, Application of Carbon Nanotubes in Heavy Metals Remediation. Critical Review in Environmental Science and Technology. 2014, 9, 1000-1035.
- Rais Ahmad, Pijush Kanti Mondal, Rajeev Kumar, Equilibrium and Adsorption Mechanism of Methylene Blue Removal onto Fruit Shell of Cocos Nucifera. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal. 2014, 13, 231-240
- V.K. Gupta, Rajeev Kumar, Arunima Nayak, M.A. Barakart, Tawafik A. Saleh, Adsorptive removal of dyes from aqueous solution onto carbon nanotubes: A review. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science. 2013, 191-193, 24-34.
- Rajeev Kumar, Mohd Omaish Ansari, M.A. Barakat. DBSA doped polyaniline/multi-walled carbon nanotubes composite for high efficiency removal of Cr(VI) from aqueous solution. Chemical Engineering Journal 2013, 228, 748–755
- Rajeev Kumar, M.A. Barakat, Y.A. Daza, H.L. Woodcock, J.N. Kuhn, EDTA functionalized silica for removal of Cu(II), Zn(II) and Ni(II) from aqueous solution. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2013, 408, 200–205.
- Rajeev Kumar, M.A. Barakat. Decolourization of hazardous brilliant green form aqueous solution using binary oxidized cactus fruit peel. Chemical Engineering Journal. 226 (2013) 377–383
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Asaddudin Laskar, Adsorptive removal of Pb2+ form aqueous solution by macrocyclic calix  naphthalene: kinetic, thermodynamic, and isotherm analysis. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2013, 20, 219–226.
- Rajeev Kumar, Mahendra Kumar, Rais Ahmad, M.A. Barakat. L-methionine modified Dowex-50 ion-exchanger of reduced size for the separation and removal of Cu (II) and Ni (II) form aqueous solution. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2013, 218, 32-38
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Shaziya Haseeb. Adsorption of Cu2+ from aqueous solution onto iron oxide coated eggshell powder: Evaluation of equilibrium, isotherms, kinetics, and regeneration capacity. Arabian Journal of Chemistry 2012, 5, 353–359.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Adsorption and Desorption Studies of Amaranth Dye onto Cellulose Carbon/ Zinc Oxide Composite. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. 2011,32,737-740.
- Rajeev Kumar, Rais Ahmad, Biosorption of Hazardous Crystal Violet Dye from Aqueous Solution onto Treated Ginger Waste (TGW). Desalination 2011, 265, 112- 118.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Conducting Polyaniline/ Iron Oxide Composite: A Novel Adsorbent for the Removal of Amido Black 10 B. Journal of Chemical Engineering Data 2010, 55, 3489–3493.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Adsorption of Amaranth Dye onto Alumina Reinforced Polystyrene. Clean – Soil, Air, Water 2010, 39, 74-82.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Kinetic and Thermodynamic Studies of Brilliant Green Adsorption onto Carbon/ Iron Oxide Nanocomposite. Journal of Korean Chemical Society 2010, 54, 125-130.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Adsorption Studies of Hazardous Malachite Green onto Treated Ginger Waste. Journal of Environmental Management 2010, 91, 1032–1038.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Adsorptive Removal of Congo Red Dye from Aqueous Solution using Bael Shell Carbon. Applied Surface Science 2010, 257, 1628–1633.
- Moonis Ali Khan, Sang Hoon Lee, Rajeev Kumar, Byong Hug Jeon, Adsorptive Removal of Volatile Organic Contamination from Aqueous Medium by Granular Activated Carbon. Geosystem Engineering 2010, 13, 25-34.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Comparative Adsorption Study for the Removal of Alizarin Red S and Patent Blue VF by Mentha Waste. Current World Environment 2008, 3, 261-268.
- Rais Ahmad, Rajeev Kumar, Adsorption Study of Patent Blue VF using Ginger Waste Material. Journal of Iranian Chemical Research 2008, 1, 85-94.
Amjad Alwaal, MD, MSc, FRCSC Urologic Surgeon, Assistant Professor
Andrology, Genitourinary Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery Department of Urology, King Abdulaziz University Consultant, International Medical Center Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Chairman of the Saudi Trauma and Reconstructive Urology Group
A professor of physical chemistry at national research centre, Egypt and King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia. I am interested in advanced materiald, nanomaterials with special interest in their application in heterogeneous catalysis . Solid acids and solid bases for liquid phase and gas phase reactions. Characterization of catalysts and adsorbents. I have published over 93 publications and more than 8 international patents. International collaboration with UCL, and imperial college, UK, Utrecht University, Netherlands and Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany.