Publons is rewarding the heroes on the front lines of peer review for PRW16. Are you in the running?
Noun: 'A soldier or guard whose job it is to stand and keep watch.
Expert peer reviewers are the Sentinels of Science. They protect the world from false findings that could set back advances in human knowledge by decades.
When researchers are committed to peer review, we discover cures, develop innovative technologies and realise human potential faster.
That’s why we’ve partnered with industry heavyweights to salute the highest achievers in peer review over the past year with the inaugural Sentinels of Science Awards.
There's no better time to announce the recipients of peer review's most prestigious honors than Peer Review Week 2016. On 23 September (8am EST / 1pm BST) Publons will announce the recipients of the awards in the following categories:
- Top 10% of reviewers for each discipline
- Top 3 overall contributors to peer review
- Top 3 peer review contributors from the top five reviewing countries (by number)
- Top 3 contributing editors (most manuscripts handled, by number)
- Top 3 recognition advocates (top 3 editors that have invited reviewers to add a review record to Publons).
See here for full terms and conditions
The top 10% of reviewers in each discipline will each receive a Sentinel Badge on their profile, signifying their commitment on the front lines of peer review over the past year.
Winners in all other categories will receive prizes from our biggest ever prize pool, thanks to contributions from our partners at: Wiley, Springer Nature, Sage, Arpha, Thieme, Cambridge University Press, Digital Science and ScholarOne.
What do you need to do to be into win? Simply make sure your Publons profile is up to date with all your expert reviewing and editorial activity and get recognised as a true Sentinel of Science!
Help us spread the word on Twitter and Facebook in the lead up to, and during Peer Review Week 2016. Post one of the following tweets and tag your friends:
- Saluting the #SentinelsofScience with @Publons this #PeerRevWk16!
- I'm a devoted #SentinelofScience. Are you? #RecognizeReview with @publons
- Saluting all #SentinelsofScience this #PeerRevWk16.
Gold star sponsors helping bring you the Sentinels of Science Awards include: