Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari
Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari
Dr. Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari
Department of Physiology,
Deccan College of Medical Sciences,
DMRL ‘X’ Road, Kanchanbagh,
Hyderabad-500058, Telangana, India.
H.No. 11-5-178, First Floor,
Red Hills, Hyderabad-500004,
Tel: +91-40-24340225 Ext.408 (O), +91-9160164070 (M)
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuing Ph.D. in Physiology (Part-time) form Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh since 02nd September 2011.
D.N.B. (Physiology): April 2013 from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
P.G.D.H.H.M. (Postgraduate Diploma in Hospital and Healthcare Management)(Distance Education): June 2012 from Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration) (Distance Education): May 2010 from National Institute of Business Management, Chennai.
M.D. (Physiology): June 2009 from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad affiliated to Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
M.B.B.S.: May 2005 from M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
Intermediate (10+2): May 1998 from St. Mary’s Junior College, Hyderabad recognized by Board of Intermediate Education (BIE), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
10th standard: April 1996 from Sultan Ul Uloom Public School, Hyderabad affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.
Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad-500058.
01st August 2013 – Till date: Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad-500058.
01st August 2009 – 31st July 2013: Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Kanchanbagh, Hyderabad-500058.
June 2006 – June 2009: P.G. cum Tutor, Department of Physiology, Osmania Medical College, Koti, Hyderabad-500095.
January 2006 – September 2008: Duty Medical Officer (Part time), Familia Hospital and Research Center, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
April 2005 – May 2005: Duty Medical Officer, Shekar Nursing Home, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
Area of interest:
Electrophysiology, Neurophysiology and Cardiovascular Physiology.
Core Committee Member, Medical Education Unit, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad-500058.
Executive Member, Library Committee, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad-500058.
Deputy Superintendent Examinations, B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc. (MLT), for Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, at Deccan College of Medical Sciences since 2010.
Examiner, MBBS & B.Sc. (MLT), Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences
Assistant Camp Officer, Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences theory paper valuation center at Deccan College of Medical Sciences.
Dr. C. Sita Ramayya Memorial Medal for best outgoing student in MD (Physiology) exams for the year 2009 by Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh.
- Mr. Dinesh Chandra, ICMR STS Fellow 2007. Topic: Recording of ECG in Coronal Plane.
- Ms. Ayesha Farheen, ICMR STS Fellow 2010. Topic: Evaluation of extent of contribution by baroreceptors and chemoreceptors in cardiovascular changes during exercise.
- Mr. Syed Muzzakar, ICMR STS Fellow 2010. Topic: Evaluating the association between serum calcium and hypertension.
- Ms. Shadan Taskeen, ICMR STS Fellow 2014. Topic: Prevalence of diabetes mellitus in sonographically diagnosed cases of cholelithiasis.
- Mr. Hamza Zoeb Hussain, ICMR STS Fellow 2015. Topic: Comparative study of central blood pressure parameters in young adults with and without family history of hypertension.
Medical education technology, research methodology and statistics training:
Workshop or Training
Research Methodology and SPSS 18.0 Predictive Analytics Software
June 11-13 (3 Days), 2010
Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University, Hyderabad
MCI recognized Basic course workshop on Medical education technology
June 27-29 (3 Days), 2011
Gandhi Medical College, Musheerabad, Hyderabad
Research Methodology and Biostatistics
October 01-12 (3 Days), 2012
Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
Workshop on Advanced statistical analysis using SPSS version 21.0
July 19 (1Day), 2013
Center for Research & Development, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
ICMR National Workshops for Advancement of Physiological Sciences in India (ICAPS)
September 20-22 (3 Days), 2013
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS),
Bangalore -560 029, India.
National Level Workshop on Biostatistics and Its Applications in Biomedical Research
March 24-28 (5 Days), 2014
National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR), Hyderabad-500007, India.
- Nazema Khatoon, B. Santhosh Kumar, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in patients with diabetes mellitus. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences 2010, 1(3).
- Nazia Uzma, B. Santhosh Kumar, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Exposure to benzene induces oxidative stress, alters the immune response and expression of p53 gene in petroleum workers. Am J Ind Med. 2010, 53(12):1264-1270. doi: 10.1002/ajim.20901. [PMID: 20886531]
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Barra Ram Reddy, Nazia Uzma, Bhaskarpillai Santhosh Kumar. Cognitive impairment in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Diabetes Mellit 2015; 3(1):19-24. Published Online 5th February 2011, doi:10.1016/j.ijdm.2011.01.001
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Reddipalli Tajuddin Khan, Barra Ram Reddy, Mohammed Abrar Hassan. Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitus and essential hypertension in South Indian population. Neurosciences (Riyadh) 2012; 17(2):173-175. [PMID: 22465897]
- Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Barra Ram Reddy. Blood pressure variations during different phases of menstrual cycle. International Journal of Science and Nature 2012, 3(3):551-554.
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Syed Muzzakar, Vontela Devender Reddy. Serum calcium level in hypertension. N Am J Med Sci. 2012; 4(11):569-572. doi: 10.4103/1947-2714.103316. [PMID: 23181228]
- Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Keerthana Kota, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Barra Ram Reddy. Effect of age and gender on cognitive function as assessed by p300 potentials. Int J Biol Med Res 2013; 4(1):2910-2914.
- Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, K. Sai Krishna, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, B. Dinesh Kumar. Neural modulation of inflammation. Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research 2013; 2(3):109-113.
- Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Farah Bahmed, M. Anthony David, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Does the teaching performance of faculty in Physiology change over the years? Education in Medicine Journal 2014; 6(1): e56-e61.
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Ayesha Farheen, Irshad Hussain Askari. Baroreceptor and chemoreceptor reflex contribution in cardiovascular changes during exercise. International Journal of Physiology 2014; 2(2):36-41.
- M. Anthony David, Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Farah Bahmed, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Syed Azherullah Quadri, Samreen Fathima, Hassan Bin Ali. Does teaching experience influence personality types and teaching styles of faculty in a medical college. International Journal of Health and Education 2014; 3(1):56-62.
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Integrated teaching in medical curriculum in India. El Mednifico Journal 2014; 2(3).
- Mohammed Altaf, Ayesha Mubeen Zubedi, Fareesa Nazneen, Shaik Kareemulla, Syed Amir Ali, Mirza Misba Ali Baig, Arshad Hussain Mohd, NM Aleemuddin, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Syed Abdul Azeez. Cost-effectiveness analysis of combined inhaled corticosteroids and bronchodilators for severe and very severe COPD patients in a Teaching Hospital. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy 2014; 4(6):12-23.
- Mohammed Maazuddin, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Ashfaq Hasan, Mohd. Javeedullah, Mohd. Nasir Mohiuddin, Mirza Misba Ali Baig. Training in the use of inhalation devices and respiratory improvement in asthma and COPD patients: A before-after experimental study. PHARMANEST 2014; 5(5):2314-2320.
- Usha Rani Damerla, Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, R. Haragopal, Barra Ram Reddy. Levels of upper limit of oxidative stress markers during normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia. Journal of Medical Science and Clinical Research 2015; 3(1):3674-3682.
- Shaikh Mahmood, Badr Uz Zama, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Liver cirrhosis with ascites: Study on identifying reliability parameters for clinical outcome. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences 2015; 5(1):71-76.
- Vijay Kumar Konuri, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Ravi Kumar K, Chandrasekhar M, Ambareesha K, Barra Ram Reddy. Evolution of automaticity of heart pacemaker Studied from a theoretical perspective. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences 2015; 4(2): 417-421. doi:10.5958/2319-5886.2015.00077.6
- Mohammed Altaf, Ayesha Mubeen Zubedi, Fareesa Nazneen, Shaik Kareemulla, Syed Amir Ali, N. M. Aleemuddin, Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Cost-effectiveness analysis of three different combinations of inhalers for severe and very severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients at a tertiary care teaching hospital of South India. Perspectives in Clinical Research 2015; 6(3):150-158. doi: 10.4103/2229-3485.159940
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin, Mohammed Abdul Haq Junaid, Mohammed Asghar Ali. Effect of ongoing isometric handgrip exercise on the inspiratory and expiratory reserve volumes. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol 2016; 6(4):329-332. doi: 10.5455/njppp.2016.6.03032016134
- Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari, Shadan Taskeen, Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin. Observational study on the prevalence of diabetes mellitus among ultrasonographically diagnosed cholelithiasis patients. Int J Clin Exp Physiol 2016; 3(2):77-81. doi: 10.4103/2348-8093.185206
- Mehnaaz Sameera Arifuddin and Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari. Does anthropometric measurements correlate with hematological parameters after the adolescent growth period? Physiol Pharmacol 2016, 20(3): 137-146.
Papers/posters presented at conferences:
Presented a paper (oral) titled ‘Effect of duration of diabetes on the cognitive functions’ in the National Conference APPICON 2008 held at Mangalore, India in December 2008.
Presented a poster titled ‘Protective and therapeutic effects of selenocystine against chemical induced oxidative stress in rat hepatocytes’ in the International Conference on Recent Advances in Free Radical Research, Natural Products, Antioxidants and Radioprotectors in Health held at Hyderabad, India in January 2010.
Presented a poster titled ‘Does the measurement of central aortic pressure have clinical utility in management of hypertension?’ in 24th National Conference of Hypertension Society of India (HSICON-2015) at Sri Aurobindo Medical College & Postgraduate Institute, Indore. M. P., India in August 2015.
Presented a poster titled ‘Variations in peripheral pulse wave velocity, carotid-femoral pulse wave velocity, central aortic pressure, augmentation pressure and augmentation index in normotensive subjects in relation to demographic and anthropometric profile’ in APPICON 2015 – 61st National Conference of Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India at AIIMS, Jodhpur-342005, Rajasthan, India in November 2015.
Technical Editor, Asian Journal of Medical Sciences (pISSN: 2040-8765; eISSN: 2040-8773) [http://maxwellsci.com/jp/editor.php?jid=AJMS]
Editor, Journal of Medical and Allied Sciences (pISSN: 2231-1696, eISSN: 2231-170X) [http://jmas.in/editorial-board]
Editor, Mathews Journal of Diabetes and Obesity [http://www.mathewsopenaccess.com/diabetes-eb-Hannan-Hazari.html]
Editor, Journal of Medical Physiology & Therapeutics [https://www.omicsonline.org/editorialboard-medical-physiology-therapeutics.php]
Editor-in-Chief, Annals of Medical Physiology [http://amphysiol.com]
Life Member, Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Regular Member, The American Physiological Society (APS) for 2011 and 2012.
Life Member, Physiological Society of India.
Life Member, Association of Physiologist & Pharmacologist of India.
Life Member, Association of Telangana Physiologists
Mr. Mohammed Abdur Rahman Hazari
Date of Birth
12th March, 1980
English, Hindi, Urdu
Date: Dr. Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari
Editorial Board Memberships
Has reviewed for
Pre Publication Reviews
Your statistics are calculated based on the information you have submitted to Publons.
Read more about them here.
Compare your statistics to those of any research field on Publons using the form below. Leaving the form blank will compare your statistics to all research fields on Publons.
Reviews (last 12 months)
Reviews (average per year)
Review to Publication ratio
Journal Impact Factors of journals reviewed for
The distribution of the Journal Impact Factors of journals Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari has reviewed for.
Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari
All fields reviewers
Total reviews over time
A cumulative record of Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari's total number of reviews.
Reviews per month
The total number of reviews performed by Mohammed Abdul Hannan Hazari each month.
Average review length
The average number of words per review (for which we have content), compared to the average of All fields reviewers and the average of reviewers at affiliated institutions.
Weekly review punchcard
The distribution of days that reviews were performed on, compared to All fields reviewers and reviewers at affiliated institutions.