Curriculum Vitae Prof. Dr. Oliver Schildgen
• PERSONAL INFORMATION Name: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Oliver Ernst Schildgen Date and City of Birth: 23.07.1974 in Nuremberg, Germany
• EDUCATION 25.09.2013 Certification in Medical Virology (Fachvirologe) of the German Society for Virology (GfV) 17.10.2012 Professorship, Private University of Witten/Herdecke 22.11.2006 Habiltation and venia legendi (Privatdozent), University of Bonn 09.01.2002 Dr. rer. nat. (PhD), University of Essen, Supervisor: Prof. Dr. M. Roggendorf 19.08.1998 Diploma in Biology, University of Cologne
• CURRENT POSITION since 2009 Head of Molecular Pathology Unit in the Institute of Pathology, Hospital of the Private University Witten/Herdecke
• PREVIOUS POSITIONS 2002-2009 Postdoctoral Researcher, from 2006 independent research group leader, Institute for Virology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany 1999-2001 PhD researcher (Biologist), University Hospital Essen; Radiation Safety Officer, Essen, Germany 1998-1999 Researcher at the Institute for Genetics and the Max Planck Institute for Neurology, Cologne, Germany
• AWARDS 2015 Nominee and Finalist for the Medizin-Management-Award 2014 Wolfgang-Stille-Award of the Paul-Ehrlich-Society (P.E.G.) for Chemotherapy 2014 Commendation of the Lord Major of the City of Cologne for Voluntary Commitment 2013 International Hygiene Award of the Rudolf Schülke Foundation 2011 International Abbott Diagnostic Award of the European Society for Clinical Virology 2010 International Meteka-Award of the Austrian Society for Microbiology (ÖGHMP) 2010 Science Award of the German Society for Hospital Hygiene (DGKH) 2009 Clinical Virology Award for from the German Society for Virology (GfV) 2009 DGPI Science Award of the German Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (DGPI) 2007 Nominee and Finalist Paul Ehrlich and Ludwig Darmstädter Young Investigators Award
• SUPERVISION OF GRADUATE STUDENTS AND POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS ongoing: 2 PhD thesis (Private University Witten/Herdecke) finished: 1 PhD thesis (University of Bonn) 1 PhD thesis (Private University Witten/Herdecke) 3 Diploma theses (University of Bonn) 3 M.Sc. theses (Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences) 17 B.Sc. theses (Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences)
• TEACHING ACTIVITIES since 2012 Professor for Virology, Private University of Witten/Herdecke 2011-2012 Privatdozent/Lecturer, Private University of Witten/Herdecke 2006-2011 Privatdozent/Lecturer, University of Bonn 2002-2006 Postdoctoral Lecturer, University of Bonn
• INSTITUTIONAL ACTIVITIES since 2015 Member of the PhD Advisory Board (Promotionskommission) of the UWH since 2012 Member of the Faculty of of Health, Private University of Witten/Herdecke
• COMMISSION OF TRUST since 2015 Editor-in-Chief of Reviews in Medical Microbiology since 2014 Academic Editor of Medicine since 2013 Academic Editor of PloS One since 2011 Member of the Advisory Board of Archives of Virology since 2009 Academic Editor of Reviews in Medical Microbiology 2015 Expert Evaluator for the Austrian Jubilee Fond 2015 Expert Evaluator for the Belgian Ministry of Health 2015 Expert Evaluator for The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development 2012 Expert Evaluator for the Belgian Ministry of Health 2012 Expert Evaluator for the Latvian Research Council 2010 Expert Evaluator for the Italian Research foundation 2009 Expert Evaluator for the Polish Research Council 2007 Expert Evaluator for the European Commission for the first call in the FP7 HEALTH priority 2007 Contribution to the EU roadmap “Ageing research in Europe” 2005-2009 Coordinator of the FP6 EU project Immune response to viral respiratory infections and vaccination in the elderly (RespViruses) since 2005 peer-reviewer for New England Journal of Medicine, British Medical Journal, Clinical Infectious Diseases, Emerging Infectious Diseases, Immunology, Antiviral Therapy, Archives of Virology, Infection, Journal of Infection, Nature Protocols, Infection and Epidemiology, Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases, Intervirology, PLoS One, Respiratory Medicine, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Pediatric Pulmunology, European Journal of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, BMC Infectious Diseases, Influenza and other Respiratory Viruses, Science of the Total Enviroment, Viruses, Clinical and Developmental Immunology, Analitica Chimica Acta, Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, and further Journals
• INVITED AND KEYNOTE LECTURES (selection) 2010 Invited Keynote speaker at the Medical Physiology 2010 conference, Cambridge, UK 2009 Invited Keynote speaker for the WHO sponsored International Symposium on Viral respiratory disease Surveillance, Seville, Spain 2009 2007 Invited Keynote Speaker at the 3rd Symposium of the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society Infections in Older People, Frankfurt a.M., Germany 2007 Invitation by the Universita di Siena, Italy, for a scientific presentation at the Medical Faculty 2006 Invitation as a speaker at the 14th International Symposium on HIV and Emerging Infectious Diseases, Toulon, France 2006 Invitation as a speaker at the 2nd International Workshop on HIV and hepatitis Coinfection, Amsterdam, The Netherlands 2005 Invitation as a speaker at the 1st International Workshop on HIV and hepatitis Coinfection, Nordwijk, The Netherlands
• MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES Member of German Society for Virology Member of European Society for Clinical Virology Member of European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases Member of the European Society for Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Member of the American Society for Microbiology
• MAJOR COLLABORATIONS Maria Söderlund-Venermo, Helsinki, Finnland Bertfried Matz, Bonn/Freiburg, Germany Jianming Qiu, Kansas, USA Dirk Grimm, Heidelberg, Germany
• CAREER BREAKS May 2011 until April 2012 partial parental leave, reduction of working time October 2014 until September 2015 partial parental leave, reduction of working time
Editorial Board Memberships
Editor Records (manuscripts handled as editor)
Has reviewed for
Showing 6 of 56
Pre Publication Reviews
Your statistics are calculated based on the information you have submitted to Publons.
Read more about them here.
Compare your statistics to those of any research field on Publons using the form below. Leaving the form blank will compare your statistics to all research fields on Publons.
Reviews (last 12 months)
Reviews (average per year)
Review to Publication ratio
Journal Impact Factors of journals reviewed for
The distribution of the Journal Impact Factors of journals Oliver Schildgen has reviewed for.
All fields reviewers
Total reviews over time
A cumulative record of Oliver Schildgen's total number of reviews.
Reviews per month
The total number of reviews performed by Oliver Schildgen each month.
Average review length
The average number of words per review (for which we have content), compared to the average of All fields reviewers and the average of reviewers at affiliated institutions.
Weekly review punchcard
The distribution of days that reviews were performed on, compared to All fields reviewers and reviewers at affiliated institutions.